Why a BMI Scale is Good For Weight Watchers
Many serious dieters turn to options like Weight Watchers to guide them through their health journey. These are people who are careful with their diet and often choose to eat right in order to maintain their health. Of course, Weight Watchers makes this easy, with lots of great options for every type of dieter.
Using data points like age, height, weight, and sex to provide personalized wellness suggestions with detailed nutrition plans.
The myWW Green plan is a great way for newbie dieters to get their feet wet, as they will be given a sampling of healthy food items to build their meals around, while also getting to spend a sizable amount of SmartPoints on their favorite foods.
The myWW Blue plan is for those who like to keep things well-balanced, offering a moderate number of SmartPoints along with more healthy eating options.
And for the strictest dieters, myWW Purple gives you a smaller number of points to spend on the food of your choice, ensuring most of your focus is on healthy choices.
But while we all know that dieting can be incredibly important to maintaining overall wellness, there a lot of other factors that go into our total body health, like exercising often and keeping an eye on your total body weight. So, while Weight Watchers has your back when it comes to managing your diet, why not supplement your hard work with a body analysis scale?
Body fat scales don't just tell you how much you weigh, they can reveal accurate readings of your muscle mass, body fat percentage, water percentage, and more.
Knowing your body mass index helps you to put your total weight into perspective so you can better understand what this means for your overall wellness.
If your weight goes up but your muscle mass also increases, you might think twice about trying to lose more weight, as you can see that you have gained muscle. This makes the smart scale a powerful weapon in your weight management arsenal.
How Often Should You Weigh In At Home On Weight Watchers
Some people might prefer to weigh themselves weekly or monthly, believing that too much stressing over weight loss can be mentally taxing, but daily weigh-ins have been shown to be an effective motivator in losing weight and maintaining overall health. Those who reported checking their weight on a daily basis were more likely to lose a more substantial amount of weight within the following 12 months.
Best Bathroom Scales For Weight Watchers
The Fit Track Dara
The Dara FitTrack scale is an excellent option for weight watchers who want to keep better track of their body composition and wellness. Using bioelectrical impedance analysis, this scale is able to determine your body composition based on the speed at which a safe electrical current is able to travel through the body.
What features can the Dara digital bathroom scale provide that a regular bathroom scale can't? Let's take a look at the different types of readouts available to weight watchers and how they play into your long-term health.
- Body composition scales offer a readout of your body mass index, which is ratio that helps determine if your weight is healthy in proportion to your height. A high BMI is considered a potential indicator of many health issues such as breathing problems, gallstones, high blood pressure, some types of cancers, and more.
- A lot of different factors go into your overall health, but many experts consider body fat percentage to be closely related to many health issues like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, strokes, and more.
- Body water percentage affects so many other aspects of our health. It can help to nourish our muscles and skin and regulates body temperature.
- While low bone mass is not always a solid indicator that you will develop osteoporosis, keeping a log of your bone density can help a medical professional determine whether or not you may be in need of some sort of treatment (performing weight-bearing exercises or eating calcium and vitamin D-enriched foods) to help prevent bone loss.
- While body weight is not always a direct correlation to body fat, the results of maintaining a healthy weight can be similar. Higher body weight has been linked to an increase in risk for certain types of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and more.
- 400 pound maximum weight capacity.
- An easy-to-read LCD display featuring a convenient backlight makes reading the digital display a breeze.
- Stainless steel pads are used to conduct the electrical current.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to take advantage of the free FitTrack smartphone app that shows your progress in daily, weekly, or monthly increments, making it a useful and convenient weight tracker.
- Personalized suggestions and 17 different measurements help to further increase the accuracy of your body health information.
- User memory for up to 8 profiles sync to each individual's smartphone so the entire household can use the same device.
- Android and iOS compatibility allows owners of most smartphones to utilize the FitTrack app.
- Available for purchase individually or in bundle form through the FitTrack website and can also be purchased through Amazon for those who prefer it.
How Body Scales Help Weight Watchers Lose Weight
As previously mentioned, daily weigh-ins can be a huge motivator when it comes to losing weight, but the benefits of a body weight bathroom scale don't end there.
Checking your daily average body weight can help you cut through the noise of daily weight fluctuations to get a more precise readout of your total weight.
Having access to other composition data like water percentage can help you to see when your weight loss or gain is due to dehydration or retaining water, helping you to address those health concerns, rather than simply trying to adjust your total weight.
Similarly, a rise in body weight and an increase in muscle mass would be a strong indication that your weight gain is due to becoming stronger and more fit rather than an increase in body fat.
How To Utilize The FitTrack App
Smart plans utilize both wellness and historical data to automatically provide users with personalized insight into their individual body's health and then make suggestions based on your own individual exercise and health habits. The FitTrack app can also track other health information like sleep quality and quantity, activity level, and type (including total steps taken), heart health through resting heart rate monitoring.
Monitoring body mass index, daily weigh-ins, physical activity levels, and healthy eating habits and plans can be a hassle -- especially when done manually by people who are just getting acquainted with taking control of their personal wellness or those who may not even know how to get started. Thankfully, programs like Weight Watchers and digital products like the Dara Smart Scale and FitTrack smartphone app help to guide users toward their wellness goals and offer a simple way to store wellness information and health insights right at your fingertips.